The current site you are on is being hosted by my own, personally maintained, Virtual Private Server (VPS).
I have deployed a variety of services out of an interest in software/service management, and curiosity.
- Gitlab – Web-based Git repository manager with wiki and issue tracking features, developed by GitLab Inc. You can visit my Gitlab deployment here.
- Mattermost – On-premises messaging app (like Slack) that integrates with Gitlab. You can visit my Mattermost deployment here.
- WordPress – Website creation tool written in PHP. You can visit my WordPress deployment here.
- NGINX – High-performance HTTP server and reverse proxy.
- Apache – HTTP server.
- phpMyAdmin – Tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL or MariaDB with the use of a web browser.
- Docker – An open platform for developers and sysadmins to build, ship, and run distributed applications, whether on laptops, data center VMs, or the cloud.
Various guides I have used to maintain this VPS:
- Initial Server Setup with Ubuntu 16.04
- How To Install Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP (LAMP) stack
- How To Install WordPress with LAMP
- How To Install and Secure phpMyAdmin
- How To Set Up Apache Virtual Hosts
- How To Install and Configure GitLab
- Securing your GitLab Pages with TLS and Let’s Encrypt
- How To Set Up a Node.js Application for Production
- How To Install and Use Docker on Ubuntu 16.04